The North Dakota Racing Commission is running out of money to subsidize the racetrack at the North Dakota Horse Park in Fargo, and the track may not survive without new revenue streams, a track official said.
Bloodstock-company Thoroughbred Interests has changed its name to Phoenix Interests, Inc., subject to shareholder approval. In a press release, the company said the name change reflects its intent to broaden its focus beyond the Thoroughbred industry and into gaming, entertainment, and other sectors.
Thoroughbred Interests, a Louisville-based pinhooking business, has gone public and is now being traded on the Over the Counter Bulletin Board under the ticker symbol TBIN.
Most Popular Stories
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Researchers Developing Equine Sweet Itch Test
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck