The North Dakota Racing Commission is running out of money to subsidize the racetrack at the North Dakota Horse Park in Fargo, and the track may not survive without new revenue streams, a track official said.
Bloodstock-company Thoroughbred Interests has changed its name to Phoenix Interests, Inc., subject to shareholder approval. In a press release, the company said the name change reflects its intent to broaden its focus beyond the Thoroughbred industry and into gaming, entertainment, and other sectors.
Thoroughbred Interests, a Louisville-based pinhooking business, has gone public and is now being traded on the Over the Counter Bulletin Board under the ticker symbol TBIN.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- White Beauty Lineage