Jim Slade, a veteran of more than 25 years in security and surveillance, has been named director of surveillance at Oaklawn Park. Slade's appointment is the first of a number of positions to be filled in anticipation of the games of skill to be added to the Instant Racing gaming at the track. The new games are coming as a result of a citywide election this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt
- Court Gives FL Breeders Right to Challenge Awards Plan
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'