Jim Slade, a veteran of more than 25 years in security and surveillance, has been named director of surveillance at Oaklawn Park. Slade's appointment is the first of a number of positions to be filled in anticipation of the games of skill to be added to the Instant Racing gaming at the track. The new games are coming as a result of a citywide election this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Seasoned Sprinters Fill Churchill Downs S.
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf