Mike Sherman, who built Farnsworth Farm into a Florida powerhouse breeding establishment, died May 7 at his North Miami, Fla., home.
When reviewing the action during the 2007 Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale Oct. 8-12 in Central Florida, Tom Ventura, OBS general manager and director of sales, said it is difficult to compare the results with those of last year. This year, the sale had one less consignor-preferred session and one additional open session.
Jim Scott has returned for a second tour of duty as farm manager of George Steinbrenner's Kinsman Farm near Ocala, Fla., replacing the departed Edward Sexton.
Kalu, a graded stakes winner, will stand the 2005 season at Jim and Michaelyn Scott's Liberty Stud near Ghent, N.Y.
Grade II winner Top Account has been relocated to Jim Scott's Liberty Stud near Ghent, N.Y.
Entepreneur, a 6-year-old son of Cure the Blues who stood his first season at stud last year at The Stallion Park, will relocate to Liberty Stud near Ghent, N.Y. for the 2004 breeding season. His fee will be $1,500 live foal.
Stakes winner Manlove has been relocated to Jim and Michaelyn Scott's Liberty Stud near Ghent, N.Y.
James Vena's Badge, who ran third in the 1999 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), will be relocated for the 2002 season to Jim and Michaelyn Scott's Liberty Stud in Ghent, N.Y.
Stakes winner All Gone, by Fappiano out of the grade I-winning Buckpasser mare Squander, will stand next breeding season at Jim Scott's Liberty Stud near Ghent, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Sportive Overcomes Fog to Win Portland Mile
- First Reported Foal for Gig Harbor is Colt
- Wildcat Red Sidelined with Back Muscle Pull
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- Bob Neumeier Wins Celebrity Challenge at NHC
- Rising Star Cassatt Captures Ladies Classic