Mike Sherman, who built Farnsworth Farm into a Florida powerhouse breeding establishment, died May 7 at his North Miami, Fla., home.
When reviewing the action during the 2007 Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale Oct. 8-12 in Central Florida, Tom Ventura, OBS general manager and director of sales, said it is difficult to compare the results with those of last year. This year, the sale had one less consignor-preferred session and one additional open session.
Jim Scott has returned for a second tour of duty as farm manager of George Steinbrenner's Kinsman Farm near Ocala, Fla., replacing the departed Edward Sexton.
Kalu, a graded stakes winner, will stand the 2005 season at Jim and Michaelyn Scott's Liberty Stud near Ghent, N.Y.
Grade II winner Top Account has been relocated to Jim Scott's Liberty Stud near Ghent, N.Y.
Entepreneur, a 6-year-old son of Cure the Blues who stood his first season at stud last year at The Stallion Park, will relocate to Liberty Stud near Ghent, N.Y. for the 2004 breeding season. His fee will be $1,500 live foal.
Stakes winner Manlove has been relocated to Jim and Michaelyn Scott's Liberty Stud near Ghent, N.Y.
James Vena's Badge, who ran third in the 1999 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), will be relocated for the 2002 season to Jim and Michaelyn Scott's Liberty Stud in Ghent, N.Y.
Stakes winner All Gone, by Fappiano out of the grade I-winning Buckpasser mare Squander, will stand next breeding season at Jim Scott's Liberty Stud near Ghent, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Catalog Online for Barretts Select Sale