Maryfield, claimed for $50,000 late last year, again displayed her affinity for an off track when she rallied strongly on the far outside to win the inaugural $1-million Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint Oct. 27 at Monmouth Park.
Jockey Jorge Chavez returned to Aqueduct Park Saturday to guide West Coast invader Maryfield to a 2 1/4-length win in the $158,000 Distaff Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II).
Keeneland officials announced Jan. 9 that Ed Blaser, Jr., has been named director of security.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela and trainer Doug O'Neill got off to a winning start on the Breeders' Cup Championship Day card at Churchill Downs when Maryfield posted a convincing victory in the day's first race, the Emirates Airline Very Subtle Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Past Three Winners Return for Hong Kong's QE II
- ABR Interview with Jockey Brian Hernandez Jr.
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Single-Day Saratoga Tickets on Sale May 3
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker