Maryfield, claimed for $50,000 late last year, again displayed her affinity for an off track when she rallied strongly on the far outside to win the inaugural $1-million Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint Oct. 27 at Monmouth Park.
Jockey Jorge Chavez returned to Aqueduct Park Saturday to guide West Coast invader Maryfield to a 2 1/4-length win in the $158,000 Distaff Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II).
Keeneland officials announced Jan. 9 that Ed Blaser, Jr., has been named director of security.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela and trainer Doug O'Neill got off to a winning start on the Breeders' Cup Championship Day card at Churchill Downs when Maryfield posted a convincing victory in the day's first race, the Emirates Airline Very Subtle Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Demonstrative Narrow Victor in Lonesome Glory
- Horseman Tom Harbut Dies at Age 94
- Penn National CEO Wilmott Appointed to Board
- Inside Yearling Sales Prep: At The Sales
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen