Maryfield, claimed for $50,000 late last year, again displayed her affinity for an off track when she rallied strongly on the far outside to win the inaugural $1-million Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint Oct. 27 at Monmouth Park.
Jockey Jorge Chavez returned to Aqueduct Park Saturday to guide West Coast invader Maryfield to a 2 1/4-length win in the $158,000 Distaff Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II).
Keeneland officials announced Jan. 9 that Ed Blaser, Jr., has been named director of security.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela and trainer Doug O'Neill got off to a winning start on the Breeders' Cup Championship Day card at Churchill Downs when Maryfield posted a convincing victory in the day's first race, the Emirates Airline Very Subtle Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Two Share Record Price at Arqana Summer Sale
- Catalog Online for Barretts Select Sale
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Laurel Cancels Racing Due to Water Main Break
- 'Evolution of Racing' Approaches in Lexington
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations