Gross and average for the yearling sale mirror 2010 figures; the median was steady at $5,000. A Louisiana-bred City Zip filly tops the sale at $78,000.
Veteran horsemen Ben Walden, Mark Toothaker, and Jim Perrone have joined forces to form Pauls Mill Sales, a full-service sales consignment agency based in the Bluegrass.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. August yearling produced some discouraging results, but they weren't really surprising considering the slumping American economy and the mixed bag of returns at other yearling auctions.
Mynameischase lit up the tote board at Arlington Park in Wednesday's seventh race with a $242.80 win mutuel for a $2 wager.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa