Gross and average for the yearling sale mirror 2010 figures; the median was steady at $5,000. A Louisiana-bred City Zip filly tops the sale at $78,000.
Veteran horsemen Ben Walden, Mark Toothaker, and Jim Perrone have joined forces to form Pauls Mill Sales, a full-service sales consignment agency based in the Bluegrass.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. August yearling produced some discouraging results, but they weren't really surprising considering the slumping American economy and the mixed bag of returns at other yearling auctions.
Mynameischase lit up the tote board at Arlington Park in Wednesday's seventh race with a $242.80 win mutuel for a $2 wager.
Most Popular Stories
- Work All Week, Alsvid Meet Again in Smile
- Merry Meadow Returns in Princess Rooney
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint