By a vote of his peers nationwide, jockey Garrett Gomez, a two-time Eclipse Award winner, will become the 62nd recipient of the prestigious Santa Anita George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award.
Jockey Martin Garcia, arriving from Mexico following an absence of more than two months, worked five horses at Hollywood Park on the morning of Jan. 22, agent Jim Pegram reported.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela, currently fifth in the jockey standings at Hollywood Park, was diagnosed with three cracked ribs after he was kicked by his mount in the paddock prior to the fifth race at Hollywood Nov. 26.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela has hired veteran California agent Jim Pegram to handle his riding engagements, replacing Tom Knust, who will continue to maintain the business for Corey Nakatani.
Jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr. will shift his tack to California for the first time and begin riding at Hollywood Park June 14, according to his new agent, Jim Pegram.
Hall of Fame jockey Kent Desormeaux is planning to move his tack to New York beginning on March 28 and ride on that circuit until late November, his agent, Jim Pegram, said Sunday.
Agent Ron Anderson, who formerly represented Jerry Bailey, and West Coast jockey Garrett Gomez announced their decision to work together Saturday after Gomez parted ways with Jim Pegram.
Garrett Gomez and agent Jim Pegram have parted company, the agent revealed Friday morning.
David Flores has never won a Kentucky Derby, or a Santa Anita Derby, for that matter. But that doesn't mean he doesn't know what it takes to win one.
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino