Esteemed turf writers Jennie Rees and the late Jim Murray have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Joe Hirsch Media Roll of Honor.
The former Irish Derby (Ire-I) victor Grey Swallow delivered a devastating punch in the stretch to leave his opponents far behind in the $250,000 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park turf Saturday.
Irish Derby (Ire-I) champion Grey Swallow heads a field of six in Saturday's $250,000 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park turf.
Del Mar will be host to a daylong display Saturday of the typewriter used by Los Angeles Times Pulitzer Prize-winning sports columnist Jim Murray.
Twenty-six of the nation's top college journalism students will participate in the third annual Los Angeles Times Sports Journalism Workshop, scheduled Thursday through Saturday at Times Mirror Square and Hollywood Park.
Twenty-seven of the nation's top journalism students will participate in the second annual Los Angeles Times Sports Journalism Workshop, to be held May 6 through May 8 at Times Mirror Square and Hollywood Park.
Problem-plagued Pleasantly Perfect will miss Saturday's $150,000 San Bernardino Handicap (Gr. II) with a foot injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Litfin At Large: Looking at State-Bred Stakes
- Fernung Elected New FTBOA President
- Can Frosted Cool Down Chrome-Arrogate Fever?
- NorCal 2017 Race Dates Remain Unresolved