Esteemed turf writers Jennie Rees and the late Jim Murray have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Joe Hirsch Media Roll of Honor.
The former Irish Derby (Ire-I) victor Grey Swallow delivered a devastating punch in the stretch to leave his opponents far behind in the $250,000 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park turf Saturday.
Irish Derby (Ire-I) champion Grey Swallow heads a field of six in Saturday's $250,000 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park turf.
Del Mar will be host to a daylong display Saturday of the typewriter used by Los Angeles Times Pulitzer Prize-winning sports columnist Jim Murray.
Twenty-six of the nation's top college journalism students will participate in the third annual Los Angeles Times Sports Journalism Workshop, scheduled Thursday through Saturday at Times Mirror Square and Hollywood Park.
Twenty-seven of the nation's top journalism students will participate in the second annual Los Angeles Times Sports Journalism Workshop, to be held May 6 through May 8 at Times Mirror Square and Hollywood Park.
Problem-plagued Pleasantly Perfect will miss Saturday's $150,000 San Bernardino Handicap (Gr. II) with a foot injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze