Esteemed turf writers Jennie Rees and the late Jim Murray have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Joe Hirsch Media Roll of Honor.
The former Irish Derby (Ire-I) victor Grey Swallow delivered a devastating punch in the stretch to leave his opponents far behind in the $250,000 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park turf Saturday.
Irish Derby (Ire-I) champion Grey Swallow heads a field of six in Saturday's $250,000 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park turf.
Del Mar will be host to a daylong display Saturday of the typewriter used by Los Angeles Times Pulitzer Prize-winning sports columnist Jim Murray.
Twenty-six of the nation's top college journalism students will participate in the third annual Los Angeles Times Sports Journalism Workshop, scheduled Thursday through Saturday at Times Mirror Square and Hollywood Park.
Twenty-seven of the nation's top journalism students will participate in the second annual Los Angeles Times Sports Journalism Workshop, to be held May 6 through May 8 at Times Mirror Square and Hollywood Park.
Problem-plagued Pleasantly Perfect will miss Saturday's $150,000 San Bernardino Handicap (Gr. II) with a foot injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Look Back: Justakiss, Ole Liz Win Divisions of Bewitch
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017