Esteemed turf writers Jennie Rees and the late Jim Murray have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Joe Hirsch Media Roll of Honor.
The former Irish Derby (Ire-I) victor Grey Swallow delivered a devastating punch in the stretch to leave his opponents far behind in the $250,000 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park turf Saturday.
Irish Derby (Ire-I) champion Grey Swallow heads a field of six in Saturday's $250,000 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park turf.
Del Mar will be host to a daylong display Saturday of the typewriter used by Los Angeles Times Pulitzer Prize-winning sports columnist Jim Murray.
Twenty-six of the nation's top college journalism students will participate in the third annual Los Angeles Times Sports Journalism Workshop, scheduled Thursday through Saturday at Times Mirror Square and Hollywood Park.
Twenty-seven of the nation's top journalism students will participate in the second annual Los Angeles Times Sports Journalism Workshop, to be held May 6 through May 8 at Times Mirror Square and Hollywood Park.
Problem-plagued Pleasantly Perfect will miss Saturday's $150,000 San Bernardino Handicap (Gr. II) with a foot injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Graham, Amoss, Moss Take FG Meet Titles
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn
- Roodle & Riddle, EquiMarker Analytics Partner