Jim Mulvihill, director of media and industry relations for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, has been elected president of the Turf Publicists of America for 2015-16.
A panel at an industry gathering on Tuesday, Dec. 9, largely agreed that track publicists could use social media to fill some of the news void created as papers and other sports publications reduce racing coverage.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced June 24 that it has hired Jim Mulvihill as director of media and industry relations.
Jim Mulvihill, a New Orleans, La., native, has been named communications and pari-mutuel marketing manager at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots, which opens for live Thoroughbred racing Nov. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- Tracks Across Country Mark PDJF Day
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Maternal Influences Make a Difference
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- TimeformUS Stakes Preview
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- Jockey Jellison Dies of Cancer at Age 51
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa