Jack's in the Deck and jockey Forest Boyce won a stretch duel with 3-5 favorite Ben's Cat for a game nose victory in the $100,000 Maryland Million Sprint at Laurel Park Oct. 17.
The Jim McKay Maryland Million has attracted 188 pre-entries to the nine stakes races on the Oct. 18 card at Laurel Park.
The Maryland Jockey Club will try a new approach to the stakes schedule at Laurel Park, which will open Sept. 19 for a 59-day fall meet.
Not Abroad and his jockey, Nick Petro, took advantage of an opening along the rail and won the $142,500 Maryland Million Classic Stakes Oct. 6 at Laurel Park.
Sweet Goodbye will attempt to become the latest female to bowl over the boys when she takes her six-for-eight lifetime record into the $200,000 Jim McKay Maryland Million Classic at Laurel Park Sept. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Hard Not to Like Seeks Fourth Grade I
- Tonalist Takes on Private Zone in Cigar Mile
- Favorite Tale Easy Fabulous Strike Winner
- Mobile Bay Just Up in Zia Park Derby
- Sharla Rae Takes on Males in Hollywood Derby
- Andreya's Reward Shifts to Dirt for Hut Hut
- Runhappy Strong in Five Furlong Move
- Commissioner Heads Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Airoforce Tries Dirt in Kentucky Jockey Club
- Tonalist, Red Vine Please in Cigar Mile Drill