The offspring of War Front continued to be a hot commodity in the auction ring as a filly by the Kentucky stallion sold for the highest price of 270,000 guineas ($478,304 in United States funds) at Tattersalls May 2.
A European record for a breeze-up sale was broken for the second straight year April 16 when Ross Doyle went to 800,000 guineas to secure a High Chaparral colt during the first day of the Tattersalls Craven breeze-up sale.
Most Popular Stories
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Tom Amoss Secures 3,000th Training Victory
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- Stronach Group Names Vet O'Neil to Key Post
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll