The offspring of War Front continued to be a hot commodity in the auction ring as a filly by the Kentucky stallion sold for the highest price of 270,000 guineas ($478,304 in United States funds) at Tattersalls May 2.
A European record for a breeze-up sale was broken for the second straight year April 16 when Ross Doyle went to 800,000 guineas to secure a High Chaparral colt during the first day of the Tattersalls Craven breeze-up sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes