The offspring of War Front continued to be a hot commodity in the auction ring as a filly by the Kentucky stallion sold for the highest price of 270,000 guineas ($478,304 in United States funds) at Tattersalls May 2.
A European record for a breeze-up sale was broken for the second straight year April 16 when Ross Doyle went to 800,000 guineas to secure a High Chaparral colt during the first day of the Tattersalls Craven breeze-up sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- John Henry, Phil Marino, and Early Cajun Days