The offspring of War Front continued to be a hot commodity in the auction ring as a filly by the Kentucky stallion sold for the highest price of 270,000 guineas ($478,304 in United States funds) at Tattersalls May 2.
A European record for a breeze-up sale was broken for the second straight year April 16 when Ross Doyle went to 800,000 guineas to secure a High Chaparral colt during the first day of the Tattersalls Craven breeze-up sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion