The offspring of War Front continued to be a hot commodity in the auction ring as a filly by the Kentucky stallion sold for the highest price of 270,000 guineas ($478,304 in United States funds) at Tattersalls May 2.
A European record for a breeze-up sale was broken for the second straight year April 16 when Ross Doyle went to 800,000 guineas to secure a High Chaparral colt during the first day of the Tattersalls Craven breeze-up sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid