A Street Sense colt purchased at last year's Keeneland September yearling sale for $15,000 lit up the bid board during the May 12 Arqana breeze up sale in France, selling for a sale record €1.4 million (US$1,521,660).
An American-bred 2-year-old Elusive Quality colt, which had failed to go under the hammer at Tattersalls' Guineas breeze-up sale in May, topped the second day of the company's July sale in Newmarket, England, July 9 when making 55,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million