A Street Sense colt purchased at last year's Keeneland September yearling sale for $15,000 lit up the bid board during the May 12 Arqana breeze up sale in France, selling for a sale record €1.4 million (US$1,521,660).
An American-bred 2-year-old Elusive Quality colt, which had failed to go under the hammer at Tattersalls' Guineas breeze-up sale in May, topped the second day of the company's July sale in Newmarket, England, July 9 when making 55,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'