Blake Tohana, a former executive with defunct Magna Entertainment Corp., has been appointed to the Woodbine Entertainment Group board of directors while David S. Willmot, Mark Frostad, and William Graham will leave the board.
Woodbine Entertainment Group announced Feb. 13 it has instituted a significant restructuring of its operating model and will reduce its work force by 109 salaried positions and a significant number of hourly positions.
Woodbine officials say an agreement in place with the province of Ontario will ensure live racing and industry stability for the next two years.
Stacie Roberts has been named executive director of the Jockey Club of Canada, chief steward Jim Lawson announced Sept. 1.
The Jockey Club of Canada has named Stacie Roberts as its new executive director.
Odds-on choice Ghost Fleet fought off the filly Jenny's So Great by a neck in an all-out stretch duel in Canada's $157,004 Swynford for 2-year-olds Sept. 13, earning his second stakes win over the Woodbine Polytrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- The Week in Photos for 7/29/2014