Blake Tohana, a former executive with defunct Magna Entertainment Corp., has been appointed to the Woodbine Entertainment Group board of directors while David S. Willmot, Mark Frostad, and William Graham will leave the board.
Woodbine Entertainment Group announced Feb. 13 it has instituted a significant restructuring of its operating model and will reduce its work force by 109 salaried positions and a significant number of hourly positions.
Woodbine officials say an agreement in place with the province of Ontario will ensure live racing and industry stability for the next two years.
Stacie Roberts has been named executive director of the Jockey Club of Canada, chief steward Jim Lawson announced Sept. 1.
The Jockey Club of Canada has named Stacie Roberts as its new executive director.
Odds-on choice Ghost Fleet fought off the filly Jenny's So Great by a neck in an all-out stretch duel in Canada's $157,004 Swynford for 2-year-olds Sept. 13, earning his second stakes win over the Woodbine Polytrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale