Blake Tohana, a former executive with defunct Magna Entertainment Corp., has been appointed to the Woodbine Entertainment Group board of directors while David S. Willmot, Mark Frostad, and William Graham will leave the board.
Woodbine Entertainment Group announced Feb. 13 it has instituted a significant restructuring of its operating model and will reduce its work force by 109 salaried positions and a significant number of hourly positions.
Woodbine officials say an agreement in place with the province of Ontario will ensure live racing and industry stability for the next two years.
Stacie Roberts has been named executive director of the Jockey Club of Canada, chief steward Jim Lawson announced Sept. 1.
The Jockey Club of Canada has named Stacie Roberts as its new executive director.
Odds-on choice Ghost Fleet fought off the filly Jenny's So Great by a neck in an all-out stretch duel in Canada's $157,004 Swynford for 2-year-olds Sept. 13, earning his second stakes win over the Woodbine Polytrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day