Former Northern California trainer Jim Hilling, who sent out Show Dancer to a second-place finish behind Miesque in the 1987 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park, died the night of Nov. 11 from pneumonia and other complications.
While much of the attention has been rightfully focused on Santa Ynez and Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet leading into Saturday's Grade I Santa Anita Oaks, the California-bred Moscow Ballet filly hasn't exactly scared anyone out of the 1 1/16-mile event.
Most Popular Stories
- Ankle Chip Will Sideline International Star
- Kentucky Derby Horse-By-Horse Recap
- Kentucky Derby Recap: American Idol
- TOBA's Annual Breeding Clinic Set for Mid-May
- Gulfstream Reports Solid Meet Numbers
- Kentucky Historical Racing Passes $1 Billion
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- What's Going On Here: Churchill's 180
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes