A shoe worn by Secretariat during his victory in the Sept. 16, 1972 Futurity Stakes at Belmont Park is being auctioned on eBay to benefit the Secretariat Foundation.
Jim Gaffney, the exercise rider of champions Secretariat and Riva Ridge, died the morning of June 3 at his home near Commack, Long Island, N.Y.
Although history would place them a generation apart, jockeys Ron Turcotte and Calvin Borel will be meeting new and old fans alike in public autograph appearances at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 15-16. Both riders will be appearing at the Secretariat.com booth set up for the weekend adjacent to the jockey silks display.
A sign that hung at Meadow Farm, a painting and photos ripped out of their frames, and dishes were among the items that were signed by Penny Chenery, Ron Turcotte, Jim Gaffney, and Bill Nack at the Secretariat celebration held Saturday in Caroline County, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Peace and War Returns for Ashland
- Stopchargingmaria Makes 2015 Debut in Madison
- Korean Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in Accident
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Roberta 'Bobbie' Croll Dies at Age 94
- Churchill Names New Track Superintendent
- Laurel's Average Handle Rises for Winter Meet