Katdogawn, a mare that had lost 10 races in a row in spite of some top efforts against leading Southern California company, closed strongly under left-handed urging from Jerry Bailey to defeat 8-5 favorite Valentine Dancer in Monday's $200,000 WinStar Distaff Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Lone Star Park turf.
Ticker Tape, runner-up as the favorite in the Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) in her last start, atoned for that defeat with an authorative 2¾-length victory in the $200,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) on Saturday at Arlington Park.
Jockey Mike Smith completed a sweep of Hollywood Park's rich co-features Saturday when he brought Katdogawn from well back in the stretch to hold off Personal Legend by a nose in a furious finish of the $150,000 Dahlia Handicap (gr. IIT) on the grass Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- Honor Code Favored in Sparkling Whitney Field
- Priority One Jets to Sponsor Forego Stakes
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- NYRA Reports Strong Handle Early at Saratoga
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest