A reduction in the number of racing days from 60 in 2012 to 49 resulted in average daily gains in wagering and purses at Portland Meadows.
Trainer Jim Fergason, based at Portland Meadows for more than four decades, registered his 1,000th victory Jan. 18 when Mo's Flashy Date won the seventh race.
Portland Meadows, which concluded its 2007-08 live meet on March 11, reported a 22.3% increase in gross handle from all sources compared to a year ago.
Tall Pines made it back-to-back stakes victory with her fourth win of the meet at Portland Meadows Sunday afternoon, another decidedly convincing triumph versus four foes in the $21,200 City of Roses Stakes.
Jumron Won, a seven-time stakes winner at Emerald Downs, has been retired, according to trainer Jim Fergason.
JD'S Date etched his name into northwest racing history Saturday by capturing the 52nd running of the Oregon Derby at Portland Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Bernardini Rules Fasig-Tipton Final Session
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC
- Nine Supplemented to Fasig-Tipton November