A reduction in the number of racing days from 60 in 2012 to 49 resulted in average daily gains in wagering and purses at Portland Meadows.
Trainer Jim Fergason, based at Portland Meadows for more than four decades, registered his 1,000th victory Jan. 18 when Mo's Flashy Date won the seventh race.
Portland Meadows, which concluded its 2007-08 live meet on March 11, reported a 22.3% increase in gross handle from all sources compared to a year ago.
Tall Pines made it back-to-back stakes victory with her fourth win of the meet at Portland Meadows Sunday afternoon, another decidedly convincing triumph versus four foes in the $21,200 City of Roses Stakes.
Jumron Won, a seven-time stakes winner at Emerald Downs, has been retired, according to trainer Jim Fergason.
JD'S Date etched his name into northwest racing history Saturday by capturing the 52nd running of the Oregon Derby at Portland Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Outplay Outclasses Competition in Curlin Stakes
- Bidding on Belmont Land Allowed; NHL Team Interested
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Monmouth's Big Day
- Litfin at Large: Big 3-Year-Old Races This Weekend
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Miss Temple City Set for U.S. Return in Matchmaker
- Queen's Plate Winner Holy Helena Aiming for Alabama
- Terra Promessa, Paid Up Subscriber Face Off in Shuvee
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory