Indiana Downs, which agreed to build new barns under a deal with horsemen and the Indiana Horse Racing Commission, opened two new barns Sept. 15.
Indianapolis-based Centaur Holdings announced Feb. 20 completing the acquisition of Indiana Grand Casino and Downs in Shelbyville, Ind.
The Indiana Senate Public Policy Committee unanimously approved the bill, which would allow Hoosier Park and Indiana Downs to add table games like blackjack and roulette.
Hoosier Park Racing & Casino has invested $3 million in a new off-track wagering facility designed to attract a broader range of customers in downtown Indianapolis.
Centaur LLC, the owner of Hoosier Park Racing & Casino and saddled with significant debt and interest payments, has filed for bankruptcy.
Most Popular Stories
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Ben's Cat Seeks Third Turf Monster Victory
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Saratoga Racing Secretary Gabriel Leaving
- Gelfenstein Farm Blossoms in Ocala