Trainer Jim Bond explains why Saratoga is special. Jim tells how long he has been training at Saratoga, how many horses he has running at the meet this year, and the New York Bred program. watch video
Tizway, one of the top contenders for the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), will miss the race with a ligament injury. Trainer Jim Bond confirmed the 6-year-old horse has been retired.
Tizway, who missed the Oct. 1 Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) with a fever, shipped from his Saratoga barn and worked a mile in 1:38.47 over the Belmont Park main track Oct. 12.
Tizway and Flat Out, the first two finishers in the Whitney Invitational Handicap (gr. I), appear headed for a rematch in the Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) at Belmont Park Oct. 1.
Attendance is even and handle is down at the midpoint of the soggy 135th Saratoga racing season. On-track handle is off 6.9 percent and total handle has declined $23.5 million, or 8.4 percent.
The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame will be hosting
the second seminar of its "Guests in the Gallery" program on
Aug. 14th at 11 am. Participants scheduled to attend the panel
discussion are trainers H. James Bond, Leah Gyarmati, Kiaran McLaughlin, Ken McPeek, and Tom Voss.
William Clifton Jr.'s Legislator put in a sustained rally to run down favorite Stage Call to win the Crown Royal American Turf (gr. IIIT) in the race before the Kentucky Oaks at Churchill Downs. The $100,000-added race was for 3-year-olds at 1 1/16 miles on the turf.
Barbara Smollin's Sir Bear, hero of last year's Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. I) breezed one mile in 1:49 3/5 at Calder Race Course Wednesday in preparation for a defense of that championship.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Mine That Bird Movie Set for Wider Release
- Shared Belief's Hidden Key to Greatness
- Florida HBPA Launches New Website
- Starspangledbanner Colt Tops DBS Session
- Arc Winner Rail Link Relocated to France
- Shared Belief Streaks to Pacific Classic Win
- V. E. Day Adds to English Channel's Resume