Alexander Goldrun dug in resolutely and repelled the challenge of Chelsea Rose to record her second consecutive victory in the Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) at The Curragh on Saturday.
Alexander Goldrun secured her fourth group I win in as many different countries at Goodwood with a dazzlingly smooth victory in the Vodafone Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) Saturday.
Back on top of her game, favored Alexander Goldrun rallied from last to first down the center of the straight to capture the Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) at The Curragh Saturday.
Irish-bred Alexander Goldrun became the first filly to win the HK$18 million (US$2,319,289) Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) by edging out American-bred Bullish Luck at the wire by a short head at Sha Tin Racecourse Sunday. Touch of Land was three-quarters of a length back for third.
Alexander Goldrun headed Grey Lilas one hundred yards from the wire and edged away for a one-length victory in the Prix de l'Opera (Fr-I) for fillies and mares at Longchamp Sunday.
Mail the Desert provided jockey Steve Drowne with his first win in Ireland when coming out best in a blanket finish to the Group 1 Moyglare Stud Stakes for 2-year-old fillies on Sunday.
Mrs. J. S. Bolger's Margarula, an Irish-bred daughter of Douyon sent off at 33-1 odds, produced strong late run to defeat odds-on favorite Quarter Moon in Sunday's Irish Oaks (Ire-I) at The Curragh.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia