Steve and Shelley Johnson and Dr. Joseph and Lynn Fowler announced June 21 they have sold their interests in Margaux Farm, located in Midway, Ky., to Jim and Susan Hill of Calgary, Alberta.
Outsider Grand Arch, rallying through the long Woodbine stretch, caught favored Excaper in the final strides to register his first stakes win in the $187,759 King Edward (Can-IIT) June 22 on the turf.
Back on her favored Woodbine turf course, Solid Appeal scored a repeat victory in the $196,576 Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT) May 25 when she edged past upset-minded Why Katherine in deep stretch.
Overlooked Solid Appeal won for the second time in as many starts this year when she drew off in the Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT) May 25 on the Woodbine turf for her first stakes tally.
Darley Flying Start graduate Michael Hardy has accepted the position of farm manager for Margaux Farm, the Midway, Ky. operation announced Sept. 28.
Jim and Susan Hill of Calgary, Alberta, Canada have formed a new partnership with Margaux Farm principals Dr. Joseph Fowler and his wife, Lynn, and Steve and Shelley Johnson.
Maiden Miami Deco ran down favorites Stormy Lord and Cognashene at 65-1 odds to produce a record payoff in Woodbine's Breeders' Stakes, the third jewel in the Canadian Triple Crown, on a yielding turf course Aug. 15.
Jim and Susan Hill's Tizahit rebounded off a 14-length defeat earlier this month to score a one-length victory over favored Protesting in the Nov 28 Demoiselle Stakes (gr. II) at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Barretts October Yearling Catalog Available
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Ben's Cat Seeks Third Turf Monster Victory
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing