Jockey Patrick Valenzuela's suspension for the remainder of 2004 was upheld Friday by the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club Board of Stewards, which recommended that the California Horse Racing Board deny any future license applications from the rider.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela, seeking reinstatement from a suspension that has been in effect since July 2, testified Sunday that he was unaware that he was required to provide hair samples for drug testing.
Embattled jockey Patrick Valenzuela appeared before Del Mar stewards Thursday to seek reinstatement from his current suspension, but a decision will have to wait.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela was denied a stay of his suspension by California Superior Court judge David Yaffe on July 16 and will not be permitted to ride until he appears at a hearing before Del Mar stewards.
Most Popular Stories
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Research Produces Cobalt Test Recommendation
- Banke, Haggin Join Keeneland Advisory Board
- Renovations Noted at 'Gulfstream Park West'
- The Week in Photos for 9/30/2014
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Santa Anita Can't Hurt Shared Belief
- TOBA September Member of the Month