Jockey Patrick Valenzuela's suspension for the remainder of 2004 was upheld Friday by the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club Board of Stewards, which recommended that the California Horse Racing Board deny any future license applications from the rider.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela, seeking reinstatement from a suspension that has been in effect since July 2, testified Sunday that he was unaware that he was required to provide hair samples for drug testing.
Embattled jockey Patrick Valenzuela appeared before Del Mar stewards Thursday to seek reinstatement from his current suspension, but a decision will have to wait.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela was denied a stay of his suspension by California Superior Court judge David Yaffe on July 16 and will not be permitted to ride until he appears at a hearing before Del Mar stewards.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again