Jockey Patrick Valenzuela's suspension for the remainder of 2004 was upheld Friday by the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club Board of Stewards, which recommended that the California Horse Racing Board deny any future license applications from the rider.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela, seeking reinstatement from a suspension that has been in effect since July 2, testified Sunday that he was unaware that he was required to provide hair samples for drug testing.
Embattled jockey Patrick Valenzuela appeared before Del Mar stewards Thursday to seek reinstatement from his current suspension, but a decision will have to wait.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela was denied a stay of his suspension by California Superior Court judge David Yaffe on July 16 and will not be permitted to ride until he appears at a hearing before Del Mar stewards.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Guys Reward Finds Path to Oceanport Tally
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker
- Ageless Equals Course Record in Royal North
- Majestic River Rolls to Molly Pitcher Win