Jockey Patrick Valenzuela's suspension for the remainder of 2004 was upheld Friday by the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club Board of Stewards, which recommended that the California Horse Racing Board deny any future license applications from the rider.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela, seeking reinstatement from a suspension that has been in effect since July 2, testified Sunday that he was unaware that he was required to provide hair samples for drug testing.
Embattled jockey Patrick Valenzuela appeared before Del Mar stewards Thursday to seek reinstatement from his current suspension, but a decision will have to wait.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela was denied a stay of his suspension by California Superior Court judge David Yaffe on July 16 and will not be permitted to ride until he appears at a hearing before Del Mar stewards.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29