Jockey Patrick Valenzuela's suspension for the remainder of 2004 was upheld Friday by the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club Board of Stewards, which recommended that the California Horse Racing Board deny any future license applications from the rider.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela, seeking reinstatement from a suspension that has been in effect since July 2, testified Sunday that he was unaware that he was required to provide hair samples for drug testing.
Embattled jockey Patrick Valenzuela appeared before Del Mar stewards Thursday to seek reinstatement from his current suspension, but a decision will have to wait.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela was denied a stay of his suspension by California Superior Court judge David Yaffe on July 16 and will not be permitted to ride until he appears at a hearing before Del Mar stewards.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House