Jockey Patrick Valenzuela's suspension for the remainder of 2004 was upheld Friday by the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club Board of Stewards, which recommended that the California Horse Racing Board deny any future license applications from the rider.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela, seeking reinstatement from a suspension that has been in effect since July 2, testified Sunday that he was unaware that he was required to provide hair samples for drug testing.
Embattled jockey Patrick Valenzuela appeared before Del Mar stewards Thursday to seek reinstatement from his current suspension, but a decision will have to wait.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela was denied a stay of his suspension by California Superior Court judge David Yaffe on July 16 and will not be permitted to ride until he appears at a hearing before Del Mar stewards.
Most Popular Stories
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- Sportech New Tote Provider for Ellis Park
- HK Jockey Club, Longines Extend Partnership