New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program has announced its 2014 ambassadors selected to represent the organization and help promote retired racehorses in second careers.
When a major economic study of the Kentucky equine industry was released Sept. 6, conspicuously absent from the wide-ranging data reported by the researchers was pari-mutuel handle.
Results of the first wide-ranging study of Kentucky's equine industry since 1977 were released Sept. 6 and showed that last year the industry had a total economic impact of almost $3 billion and generated 40,665 jobs.
In a recently released Kentucky Equine Survey, it stated the Bluegrass State is home to 242,000 horses and the total value of the state's equine and equine-related assets is estimated at $23.4 billion.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- Minding Coasts Clear in Pretty Polly
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another