New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program has announced its 2014 ambassadors selected to represent the organization and help promote retired racehorses in second careers.
When a major economic study of the Kentucky equine industry was released Sept. 6, conspicuously absent from the wide-ranging data reported by the researchers was pari-mutuel handle.
Results of the first wide-ranging study of Kentucky's equine industry since 1977 were released Sept. 6 and showed that last year the industry had a total economic impact of almost $3 billion and generated 40,665 jobs.
In a recently released Kentucky Equine Survey, it stated the Bluegrass State is home to 242,000 horses and the total value of the state's equine and equine-related assets is estimated at $23.4 billion.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- A.P. Indian Puts Streak On Line in Forego
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic