New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program has announced its 2014 ambassadors selected to represent the organization and help promote retired racehorses in second careers.
When a major economic study of the Kentucky equine industry was released Sept. 6, conspicuously absent from the wide-ranging data reported by the researchers was pari-mutuel handle.
Results of the first wide-ranging study of Kentucky's equine industry since 1977 were released Sept. 6 and showed that last year the industry had a total economic impact of almost $3 billion and generated 40,665 jobs.
In a recently released Kentucky Equine Survey, it stated the Bluegrass State is home to 242,000 horses and the total value of the state's equine and equine-related assets is estimated at $23.4 billion.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Researchers Examine Fatal Lumbar Vertebral Fractures
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack