New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program has announced its 2014 ambassadors selected to represent the organization and help promote retired racehorses in second careers.
When a major economic study of the Kentucky equine industry was released Sept. 6, conspicuously absent from the wide-ranging data reported by the researchers was pari-mutuel handle.
Results of the first wide-ranging study of Kentucky's equine industry since 1977 were released Sept. 6 and showed that last year the industry had a total economic impact of almost $3 billion and generated 40,665 jobs.
In a recently released Kentucky Equine Survey, it stated the Bluegrass State is home to 242,000 horses and the total value of the state's equine and equine-related assets is estimated at $23.4 billion.
Most Popular Stories
- Green Gratto Stuns Fall Highweight Field
- The Pizza Man Wins Hollywood Turf Cup
- Hollendorfer Gets 7,000th Win of Career
- Invaders Poised to Have Impact in Japan Cup
- Ahh Chocolate Smooth in Falls City
- Tonalist, Red Vine Please in Cigar Mile Drill
- Tonalist Takes on Private Zone in Cigar Mile
- Hard Not to Like Seeks Fourth Grade I
- Runhappy Strong in Five Furlong Move
- Mobile Bay Just Up in Zia Park Derby