War Emblem continued his preparation for the Aug. 4 Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I) at Monmouth Park, working five furlongs Tuesday morning at Santa Anita in 1:01 4/5 under regular exercise rider Dana Barnes.
It looks like trainer Bob Baffert and fiancee Jill Moss will be honeymooning on the Jersey Shore Aug. 4, watching Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner War Emblem run in the $1-million Haskell Handicap (gr. I) at Monmouth Park.
New Phoenix Stable's Sarava, who paid $142.50 as the longest priced Belmont Stakes winner ever, flew out of New York and back to Kentucky at about 8:30 a.m.Sunday morning.
Most Popular Stories
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- 375 Yearlings Cataloged for Arqana Sale
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes