Jockey Jill Jellison, who rode nearly 2,000 winners during her career, died of breast cancer July 28 in a Rhode Island Hospital. She was 51.
Trainer Bobby Raymond enjoyed a remarkable day at Suffolk Downs Aug. 1, saddling four winners on the 10-race card, three of which came with veteran Jill Jellison in the irons.
Jill Jellison booted home Bobby Raymond's Halo Skywalker in the third race at Tampa Bay Downs March 4 to win her 1,770th career race and become the third all-time leading female jockey.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Neuman Set to Call Los Alamitos Winter Meet
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?