Jockey Jill Jellison, who rode nearly 2,000 winners during her career, died of breast cancer July 28 in a Rhode Island Hospital. She was 51.
Trainer Bobby Raymond enjoyed a remarkable day at Suffolk Downs Aug. 1, saddling four winners on the 10-race card, three of which came with veteran Jill Jellison in the irons.
Jill Jellison booted home Bobby Raymond's Halo Skywalker in the third race at Tampa Bay Downs March 4 to win her 1,770th career race and become the third all-time leading female jockey.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale