Jilbab, who won the Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I), died June 27 of colic.
Smok'n Frolic sat behind an early speed duel, then pulled clear in the stretch to win the $250,000 Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Philadelphia Park.
Jilbab, winner of the C.C.A. Oaks (gr. I) in July, will be the 120-pound highweight in Saturday's Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Philadelphia Park. The daughter of A.P.Indy will face 10 rivals in the Cotillion, the signature race of the fall at the Bensalem, Pa. track.
Most Popular Stories
- Cigar Mile Stakes Card Fields Taking Shape
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- New Jersey to Press On for Sports Betting
- Ben's Cat Faces Tough Task in Fabulous Strike
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- Suffolk Eyes Simulcast License for Next Year
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates
- Broadcaster Edwards to Emcee Eclipse Awards
- Goffs Registers Record-Breaking Foal Sale