Jilbab, who won the Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I), died June 27 of colic.
Smok'n Frolic sat behind an early speed duel, then pulled clear in the stretch to win the $250,000 Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Philadelphia Park.
Jilbab, winner of the C.C.A. Oaks (gr. I) in July, will be the 120-pound highweight in Saturday's Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Philadelphia Park. The daughter of A.P.Indy will face 10 rivals in the Cotillion, the signature race of the fall at the Bensalem, Pa. track.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- KEEP Changes Include Staff, Expenditures
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board