Jilbab, who won the Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I), died June 27 of colic.
Smok'n Frolic sat behind an early speed duel, then pulled clear in the stretch to win the $250,000 Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Philadelphia Park.
Jilbab, winner of the C.C.A. Oaks (gr. I) in July, will be the 120-pound highweight in Saturday's Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Philadelphia Park. The daughter of A.P.Indy will face 10 rivals in the Cotillion, the signature race of the fall at the Bensalem, Pa. track.
Most Popular Stories
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- 'Bea' Changes Tactics, Captures Sugar Maple
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington