Jilbab, who won the Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I), died June 27 of colic.
Smok'n Frolic sat behind an early speed duel, then pulled clear in the stretch to win the $250,000 Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Philadelphia Park.
Jilbab, winner of the C.C.A. Oaks (gr. I) in July, will be the 120-pound highweight in Saturday's Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Philadelphia Park. The daughter of A.P.Indy will face 10 rivals in the Cotillion, the signature race of the fall at the Bensalem, Pa. track.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin