After a lengthy inquiry, Colts Neck Stables' Awesome Speed was elevated to first place in the $100,000 Federico Tesio Stakes April 9 at Laurel Park to earn an automatic berth into the Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Woody Weeks' Woodwin W preserved his undefeated record and added a stakes score May 16, winning the $100,000 James W. Murphy Stakes at Pimlico Race Course.
After three straight runner-up finishes in graded stakes races, grade II winner Miss Behaviour will try to get untracked Saturday, Sept. 20, when she's expected to face nine other 3-year-old fillies in Charles Town Oaks.
Kryskaly Horse Racing's New Yawker notched his fourth straight victory at Delaware Park June 20, and in the process lowered the track record for 5 1/2 furlongs on the main track by running the distance in 1:02.59.
Most Popular Stories
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill