The Laurel Park summer meet training title ended up in a tie between Tim Keefe and Hamilton Smith, but jockey Jevian Toledo easily captured the riding title.
Trevor McCarthy rode three winners June 26, closing day of the Preakness (gr. I) meet at Pimlico Race Course, to earn his second consecutive jockey title in Maryland this year.
After a lengthy inquiry, Colts Neck Stables' Awesome Speed was elevated to first place in the $100,000 Federico Tesio Stakes April 9 at Laurel Park to earn an automatic berth into the Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Woody Weeks' Woodwin W preserved his undefeated record and added a stakes score May 16, winning the $100,000 James W. Murphy Stakes at Pimlico Race Course.
After three straight runner-up finishes in graded stakes races, grade II winner Miss Behaviour will try to get untracked Saturday, Sept. 20, when she's expected to face nine other 3-year-old fillies in Charles Town Oaks.
Kryskaly Horse Racing's New Yawker notched his fourth straight victory at Delaware Park June 20, and in the process lowered the track record for 5 1/2 furlongs on the main track by running the distance in 1:02.59.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates