The Jockeys' Guild announced Dec. 30 that 27 Guild members have been elected to the organization's Senate, including seven new Senate members, Baze, Carr, Leparoux, Mawing, Ortiz, and Trujillo.
A West Virginia circuit court has overturned the West Virginia Racing Commission's call for fines and suspensions for seven riders involved in a scandal alleging improperly reported riding weights at Charles Town in 2009.
Mid-Atlantic-based jockey Jesus Sanchez and Amabassador Satch rallied from sixth to score a head victory in the eighth race at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races the night of Sept. 3 as the rider secured his 1,000th win.
The clerk of scales and seven jockeys at Charles Town Races & Slots have been suspended and fined as a result of an investigation into riders competing with incorrect weight.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill