The Jockeys' Guild announced Dec. 30 that 27 Guild members have been elected to the organization's Senate, including seven new Senate members, Baze, Carr, Leparoux, Mawing, Ortiz, and Trujillo.
A West Virginia circuit court has overturned the West Virginia Racing Commission's call for fines and suspensions for seven riders involved in a scandal alleging improperly reported riding weights at Charles Town in 2009.
Mid-Atlantic-based jockey Jesus Sanchez and Amabassador Satch rallied from sixth to score a head victory in the eighth race at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races the night of Sept. 3 as the rider secured his 1,000th win.
The clerk of scales and seven jockeys at Charles Town Races & Slots have been suspended and fined as a result of an investigation into riders competing with incorrect weight.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico