The Jockeys' Guild announced Dec. 30 that 27 Guild members have been elected to the organization's Senate, including seven new Senate members, Baze, Carr, Leparoux, Mawing, Ortiz, and Trujillo.
A West Virginia circuit court has overturned the West Virginia Racing Commission's call for fines and suspensions for seven riders involved in a scandal alleging improperly reported riding weights at Charles Town in 2009.
Mid-Atlantic-based jockey Jesus Sanchez and Amabassador Satch rallied from sixth to score a head victory in the eighth race at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races the night of Sept. 3 as the rider secured his 1,000th win.
The clerk of scales and seven jockeys at Charles Town Races & Slots have been suspended and fined as a result of an investigation into riders competing with incorrect weight.
Most Popular Stories
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- International Star Sweeps to LA Derby Score
- I'm a Chatterbox Notches Easy FG Oaks Victory
- Dortmund Logs Final Work for SA Derby
- Birdatthewire Tops Familiar Rivals in GP Oaks
- The Big Beast, 3YOs Prep for Wood Day Starts
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Imagining Breaks Through for Pan Am Victory