The Jockeys' Guild announced Dec. 30 that 27 Guild members have been elected to the organization's Senate, including seven new Senate members, Baze, Carr, Leparoux, Mawing, Ortiz, and Trujillo.
A West Virginia circuit court has overturned the West Virginia Racing Commission's call for fines and suspensions for seven riders involved in a scandal alleging improperly reported riding weights at Charles Town in 2009.
Mid-Atlantic-based jockey Jesus Sanchez and Amabassador Satch rallied from sixth to score a head victory in the eighth race at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races the night of Sept. 3 as the rider secured his 1,000th win.
The clerk of scales and seven jockeys at Charles Town Races & Slots have been suspended and fined as a result of an investigation into riders competing with incorrect weight.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Roly Poly, Persuasive tackle Qemah in Prix Rothschild
- Irish Strait Sentimental Choice in Monmouth S.
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- NBC Plans Live Coverage of Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding