Monmouth Park celebrated the 5th annual New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival Aug. 26 as 15,568 fans watched Carrots Only run down pacesetter Fagedaboudit Sal to post a neck victory in the featured $135,000 Charles Hesse Jersey Breeders' Handicap.
John Petrini's Joey P. wore down pacesetter War's Prospect in the stretch to win the $100,000 Friendly Lover Handicap at Monmouth Park on Saturday before a crowd of 13,018 on the third annual New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival, a day dedicated to horses bred in the Garden State.
Graded stakes winner Gators N Bears seeks redemption for his only loss at Monmouth Park in the $100,000 Friendly Lover Handicap Saturday, part of the New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival.
Freedom Acres Inc. kept it all in the family in the $100,000 Jersey Breeders' Turf Highweight at Monmouth Park on Sunday, with their American Freedom beating his younger brother Freedom's Honor by a half-length before the New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival Day crowd of 14,066.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake