Monmouth Park celebrated the 5th annual New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival Aug. 26 as 15,568 fans watched Carrots Only run down pacesetter Fagedaboudit Sal to post a neck victory in the featured $135,000 Charles Hesse Jersey Breeders' Handicap.
John Petrini's Joey P. wore down pacesetter War's Prospect in the stretch to win the $100,000 Friendly Lover Handicap at Monmouth Park on Saturday before a crowd of 13,018 on the third annual New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival, a day dedicated to horses bred in the Garden State.
Graded stakes winner Gators N Bears seeks redemption for his only loss at Monmouth Park in the $100,000 Friendly Lover Handicap Saturday, part of the New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival.
Freedom Acres Inc. kept it all in the family in the $100,000 Jersey Breeders' Turf Highweight at Monmouth Park on Sunday, with their American Freedom beating his younger brother Freedom's Honor by a half-length before the New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival Day crowd of 14,066.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa