Monmouth Park celebrated the 5th annual New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival Aug. 26 as 15,568 fans watched Carrots Only run down pacesetter Fagedaboudit Sal to post a neck victory in the featured $135,000 Charles Hesse Jersey Breeders' Handicap.
John Petrini's Joey P. wore down pacesetter War's Prospect in the stretch to win the $100,000 Friendly Lover Handicap at Monmouth Park on Saturday before a crowd of 13,018 on the third annual New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival, a day dedicated to horses bred in the Garden State.
Graded stakes winner Gators N Bears seeks redemption for his only loss at Monmouth Park in the $100,000 Friendly Lover Handicap Saturday, part of the New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival.
Freedom Acres Inc. kept it all in the family in the $100,000 Jersey Breeders' Turf Highweight at Monmouth Park on Sunday, with their American Freedom beating his younger brother Freedom's Honor by a half-length before the New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival Day crowd of 14,066.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set
- What's Going On Here: No Bid, No Win