Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas and physician J. David Richardson have been appointed to the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission by Gov. Steve Beshear. Both terms are scheduled to expire July 1, 2016.
Members of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission staff outlined changes that have been put in place to prevent future mistakes in the administration of race-day Salix at the state's tracks.
An advisory panel to the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has given final approval to regulatory changes that include permitting an owner to void the claim of a horse that tested positive.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has approved comprehensive changes to the Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission's Equine Drug Research Council has withdrawn support and funding for one of six projects that it had approved for 2010.
The company that conducts equine drug testing in Great Britain but which has not been involved in testing of horses in America has been awarded the contract to handle the testing of horses racing in Kentucky.
The terms of three Kentucky Horse Racing Authority board members have expired and their successors were announced at the organization's monthly meeting Nov. 20 at the Kentucky Horse Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- Presque Isle Horsemen Payments Delayed
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order