The 60th season of racing at Turf Paradise kicks off Oct. 17, with a new track announcer and a stakes schedule totaling $1.45 million during the 136-day stand that ends May 8, 2016.
Businessman purchased Turf Paradise in 2000; battles with major league sports, Native American casinos for the entertainment dollar in recession-battered economy in Phoenix metroplex
Turf Paradise concluded it 50th anniversary season May 21 with substantial increases in attendance and handle.
Turf Paradise's 49th season of racing ended Sunday, with the Phoenix, Arizona track reporting a 2% across-the-board increase in wagering during the 160-day stand (seven days of racing were cancelled due to extreme weather).
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Lady Shipman Seeks Graded Win at Woodbine
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth