Joe Rocco Jr. has found that one drawback in being a jockey is that he doesn't spend as much time with the horses as he would like.
Don't Tell Sophia, last rounding the far turn, roared down the stretch to register her first grade I victory in the Juddmonte Spinster Stakes Oct. 5 on the Keeneland main track as overwhelming favorite Close Hatches fizzled.
Don't Tell Sophia wasn't in a hurry leaving the gate, but she quickly got herself into gear and easily drew off to win her second straight $100,000 Bayakoa Stakes Feb. 16 at Oaklawn Park.
Don't Tell Sophia was a $1,000 yearling purchase in 2009. On Feb. 16 she ran them off their feet at Oaklawn Park, easily putting 6 1/2 lengths over her nearest competitor in the $98,000 Bayakoa Stakes.
Jerry Namy's Shared Property had just enough to get by Take Charge Indy to win the $100,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) Sept. 10 at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile