Dual champion Lookin At Lucky has two colts from his first crop in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile, and trainer Bob Baffert, who lost favorite American Pharoah from the race, hopes One Lucky Dane can fill the void.
Lucky Player outfought stablemate Bold Conquest through the Churchill Downs stretch to win the $115,500 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) and give trainer Steve Asmussen the winning exacta Sept. 6.
Speedster Whiskey Romeo, a three-time stakes winer of trainer Tony Dutrow, heads a field of seven 3-year-old sprinters in the $100,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) July 4 at Monmouth Park.
Jockey Corey Nakatani and Macho Macho let Louisiana Derby winner (gr. I) Hero of Order do the dirty work wearing out 3-5 favorite Hansen in the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. II), then rolled to victory Aug. 4.
Son of Scat Daddy's two wins, including the Willard Proctor Memorial Stakes, puts him atop the field for the $150,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III). The six-furlong event goes as the second race July 14.
The gross and average prices held steady, the median was up, and the buy-back rate declined at the Fasig-Tipton Texas 2-year-olds in training sale held near Dallas March 30.
Hurricane Katrina and the lack of expanded gaming legislation in Texas contributed to declines in the 2005 Fasig-Tipton Texas yearling sale held Aug. 29-30 at Lone Star Park. Final figures for the two-day sale showed declines in gross, average, and median from a catalogue that was 33% larger than last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Divine Oath Holds On in McKnight Handicap
- Speechify Takes Mr. Prospector at Gulfstream