Amerman Racing Stables' Coffee Clique came up the hedge to record a half-length victory over longshot Dame Marie in the May 3 Churchill Distaff Turf Mile (gr. IIT).
A Street Cry colt from the family of Horse of the Year Zenyatta was purchased by Irish bloodstock John McCormack for $750,000 during the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Keeneland officials, who said they changed the September yearling sale's format in an effort to add excitement to the auction, got exactly what they wanted Sept. 12 in Lexington.
Beaten by more than 48 lengths in her last start, Adoration will attempt to make amends in Saturday's $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) at about 6 1/2 furlongs on the Santa Anita turf.
Headed by Hollywood Futurity winner Siphonic, six 3-year-olds have been entered for Saturday's $150,000 Santa Catalina Stakes (gr. II) going 1 1/16 miles at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning