Amerman Racing Stables' Coffee Clique came up the hedge to record a half-length victory over longshot Dame Marie in the May 3 Churchill Distaff Turf Mile (gr. IIT).
A Street Cry colt from the family of Horse of the Year Zenyatta was purchased by Irish bloodstock John McCormack for $750,000 during the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Keeneland officials, who said they changed the September yearling sale's format in an effort to add excitement to the auction, got exactly what they wanted Sept. 12 in Lexington.
Beaten by more than 48 lengths in her last start, Adoration will attempt to make amends in Saturday's $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) at about 6 1/2 furlongs on the Santa Anita turf.
Headed by Hollywood Futurity winner Siphonic, six 3-year-olds have been entered for Saturday's $150,000 Santa Catalina Stakes (gr. II) going 1 1/16 miles at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms