Amerman Racing Stables' Coffee Clique came up the hedge to record a half-length victory over longshot Dame Marie in the May 3 Churchill Distaff Turf Mile (gr. IIT).
A Street Cry colt from the family of Horse of the Year Zenyatta was purchased by Irish bloodstock John McCormack for $750,000 during the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Keeneland officials, who said they changed the September yearling sale's format in an effort to add excitement to the auction, got exactly what they wanted Sept. 12 in Lexington.
Beaten by more than 48 lengths in her last start, Adoration will attempt to make amends in Saturday's $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) at about 6 1/2 furlongs on the Santa Anita turf.
Headed by Hollywood Futurity winner Siphonic, six 3-year-olds have been entered for Saturday's $150,000 Santa Catalina Stakes (gr. II) going 1 1/16 miles at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger
- Keeneland September Yearling Sale Wrap 2014
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby