Jerre Paxton, whose Northwest Farms has been a constant and major force in Washington racing and breeding, died of an apparent heart attack the evening of Jan. 25 in Seattle. He was 76.
Led by $310,000 broodmare prospect Lady Kierkegaard, Keeneland's January sale continued its solid performance and posted gains across the board on day three.
There was elation in the Washington-based Smarty Deb camp Oct. 17 after the unbeaten 2-year-old filly earned a spot in the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) at Monmouth Park Oct. 27.
Undefeated Smarty Deb could be headed to the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) after she defeated her male rivals in the $90,000 Gottstein Futurity at Emerald Downs Sept. 29 for her fourth consecutive victory.
The surging Thoroughbred market continued to generate impressive figures Tuesday during the second session of Keeneland's January sale in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Revolutionary Equine Waste Recycling System
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31