Jerre Paxton, whose Northwest Farms has been a constant and major force in Washington racing and breeding, died of an apparent heart attack the evening of Jan. 25 in Seattle. He was 76.
Led by $310,000 broodmare prospect Lady Kierkegaard, Keeneland's January sale continued its solid performance and posted gains across the board on day three.
There was elation in the Washington-based Smarty Deb camp Oct. 17 after the unbeaten 2-year-old filly earned a spot in the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) at Monmouth Park Oct. 27.
Undefeated Smarty Deb could be headed to the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) after she defeated her male rivals in the $90,000 Gottstein Futurity at Emerald Downs Sept. 29 for her fourth consecutive victory.
The surging Thoroughbred market continued to generate impressive figures Tuesday during the second session of Keeneland's January sale in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses