Request for Parole, a horse plagued by traffic problems in his recent races, had no such difficulties Saturday with hot-riding Edgar Prado in the irons, winning the $750,000 United Nations (gr. IT) at Monmouth Park.
Jeri and Sam Knighton's Request for Parole, a 5-year-old who has found a new lease on life since switching to the turf last year, came from well off the pace to capture Sunday's $100,000 Mac Diarmida Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park.
Jeri and Sam Knighton's multiple stakes winner Request for Parole, fifth in last year's Kentucky Derby (gr. I), made his 4-year-old debut sucessful Wednesday, defeating an optional claiming/allowance field at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator