Request for Parole, a horse plagued by traffic problems in his recent races, had no such difficulties Saturday with hot-riding Edgar Prado in the irons, winning the $750,000 United Nations (gr. IT) at Monmouth Park.
Jeri and Sam Knighton's Request for Parole, a 5-year-old who has found a new lease on life since switching to the turf last year, came from well off the pace to capture Sunday's $100,000 Mac Diarmida Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park.
Jeri and Sam Knighton's multiple stakes winner Request for Parole, fifth in last year's Kentucky Derby (gr. I), made his 4-year-old debut sucessful Wednesday, defeating an optional claiming/allowance field at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Look Back: Dr. Fager Delivers on Turf in United Nations
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker