Breeders' Cup day started off with a bang, longshot Wishingitwas taking the D.R. Horton Metroplex Mile, the one stakes run at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas, prior to the eight World Thoroughbred Championship races.
Expect Will remained undefeated with a win in the $125,000 colts and geldings division of the Texas Stallion Stakes on closing day at Lone Star Park, giving trainer Steve Asmussen a clean sweep of all four 2-year-old stakes at the spring meet.
Trainer Steve Asmussen, the national leader in victories, swept both divisions of Saturday's Texas Thoroughbred Association Sales Futurity at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Jockey Carlos Gonzalez, who was tossed by filly Sugar Creek Girl in Wednesday's fourth race at Lone Star Park, underwent surgery Thursday morning to repair a severe fracture in his right ankle.
Jockeys Jeremy Beasley and Carlos Gonzalez were taken by ambulance to Methodist Hospital in Dallas for injuries suffered in two separate racing incidents Wednesday night at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Stanley Ersoff's Band Is Passing is the 119-pound highweight for the $100,000 Flying Pidgeon Handicap Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Eclipse Award-winning jockey Ariel Smith was slapped with a 27-day suspension by stewards at Calder Race Course
Most Popular Stories
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Unbeaten Dame Dorothy Can Cap Year in Comely
- Sageburg Will Stand in Ireland in 2015
- Brooklynsway Takes on Males at Woodbine
- Maryland Jockey Club Focus on Daily Product
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair