Breeders' Cup day started off with a bang, longshot Wishingitwas taking the D.R. Horton Metroplex Mile, the one stakes run at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas, prior to the eight World Thoroughbred Championship races.
Expect Will remained undefeated with a win in the $125,000 colts and geldings division of the Texas Stallion Stakes on closing day at Lone Star Park, giving trainer Steve Asmussen a clean sweep of all four 2-year-old stakes at the spring meet.
Trainer Steve Asmussen, the national leader in victories, swept both divisions of Saturday's Texas Thoroughbred Association Sales Futurity at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Jockey Carlos Gonzalez, who was tossed by filly Sugar Creek Girl in Wednesday's fourth race at Lone Star Park, underwent surgery Thursday morning to repair a severe fracture in his right ankle.
Jockeys Jeremy Beasley and Carlos Gonzalez were taken by ambulance to Methodist Hospital in Dallas for injuries suffered in two separate racing incidents Wednesday night at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Stanley Ersoff's Band Is Passing is the 119-pound highweight for the $100,000 Flying Pidgeon Handicap Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Eclipse Award-winning jockey Ariel Smith was slapped with a 27-day suspension by stewards at Calder Race Course
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker