The British Horseracing Authority, the official governing body of British racing, June 23 outlined a number of changes within its executive team.
Horatio Nelson, who stumbled and suffered a broken right foreleg about three-sixteenths of a mile from the finish in Saturday's Vodafone English Derby (Eng-I) at Epsom, was euthanized following x-rays that showed the colt had fractured cannon and sesamoid bones and dislocated a fetlock joint.
Most Popular Stories
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- OBS Spring Sale to Test Depth of Juvenile Market
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio