The British Horseracing Authority, the official governing body of British racing, June 23 outlined a number of changes within its executive team.
Horatio Nelson, who stumbled and suffered a broken right foreleg about three-sixteenths of a mile from the finish in Saturday's Vodafone English Derby (Eng-I) at Epsom, was euthanized following x-rays that showed the colt had fractured cannon and sesamoid bones and dislocated a fetlock joint.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start