The British Horseracing Authority, the official governing body of British racing, June 23 outlined a number of changes within its executive team.
Horatio Nelson, who stumbled and suffered a broken right foreleg about three-sixteenths of a mile from the finish in Saturday's Vodafone English Derby (Eng-I) at Epsom, was euthanized following x-rays that showed the colt had fractured cannon and sesamoid bones and dislocated a fetlock joint.
Most Popular Stories
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- Espinoza Back for More in Kentucky Derby