The British Horseracing Authority, the official governing body of British racing, June 23 outlined a number of changes within its executive team.
Horatio Nelson, who stumbled and suffered a broken right foreleg about three-sixteenths of a mile from the finish in Saturday's Vodafone English Derby (Eng-I) at Epsom, was euthanized following x-rays that showed the colt had fractured cannon and sesamoid bones and dislocated a fetlock joint.
Most Popular Stories
- Outplay Outclasses Competition in Curlin Stakes
- Bidding on Belmont Land Allowed; NHL Team Interested
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Litfin at Large: Big 3-Year-Old Races This Weekend
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Monmouth's Big Day
- Miss Temple City Set for U.S. Return in Matchmaker
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Queen's Plate Winner Holy Helena Aiming for Alabama
- Terra Promessa, Paid Up Subscriber Face Off in Shuvee
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory