One of the unique offerings on this year's Black-Eyed Susan (gr. II) day card at Pimlico Race Course May 16 is the $50,000 Jockey Challenge Presented by Xpressbet that will feature seven active Hall of Fame riders.
The Lady Legends for the Cure IV highlights "The People's Pink Party," a joint effort between Pimlico Race Course and the Susan G. Komen Foundation for the Cure, the world's largest breast cancer organization.
Jennifer Rowland Small won more than 190 races as a top pioneering female rider in Maryland during the 1970s, but the biggest win on her hometown track came May 18.
For both the camaraderie and the cause, an elite group of retired female jockeys will return to Pimlico May 20 to compete in the Lady Legends for the Cure Race II.
Most Popular Stories
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Oaklawn: Record $27 Million in Purses in 2016
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- That Handicapping Show: The Travers Stakes
- HRRN to Provide Live Coverage of Travers Card
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Messara Keynote Speaker at IFHA Conference
- American Pharoah Arrives at Saratoga
- American Pharoah Draws Post 2 for Travers