Trainer Jennifer Leigh-Pedersen was suspended 60 days by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board from an incident in March 2005, when state investigators found injectable bottles in the office of her Aqueduct barn.
Trainer Jennifer Leigh-Pedersen was suspended 60 days by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board from an incident in March 2005, when state investigators found injectible bottles containing controlled substances in the office of her Aqueduct barn.
Ernie Paragallo has hired Dick Lundy as his private trainer. This winter, Lundy will have divisions of Paragallo's Paraneck Stable at Aqueduct and Fair Grounds. In the summer, the trainer will be based on the New York circuit.
It was one of those bits and pieces kind of day on the Preakness front. With the leading contenders only walking the shed this morning, at Pimlico and Churchill Downs, most of the focus was on the two open riding assignments. As of 1 p.m., one (Griffinite) has been filled, and the other (A P Valentine) was due to be announced later this afternoon. Jennifer Leigh-Pedersen, trainer of Paraneck Stable's Griffinite, said earlier that New York-based Shaun Bridgmohan will be aboard the son of Unbridled's Song for the second leg of the Triple Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness