Trainer Jennifer Leigh-Pedersen was suspended 60 days by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board from an incident in March 2005, when state investigators found injectable bottles in the office of her Aqueduct barn.
Trainer Jennifer Leigh-Pedersen was suspended 60 days by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board from an incident in March 2005, when state investigators found injectible bottles containing controlled substances in the office of her Aqueduct barn.
Ernie Paragallo has hired Dick Lundy as his private trainer. This winter, Lundy will have divisions of Paragallo's Paraneck Stable at Aqueduct and Fair Grounds. In the summer, the trainer will be based on the New York circuit.
It was one of those bits and pieces kind of day on the Preakness front. With the leading contenders only walking the shed this morning, at Pimlico and Churchill Downs, most of the focus was on the two open riding assignments. As of 1 p.m., one (Griffinite) has been filled, and the other (A P Valentine) was due to be announced later this afternoon. Jennifer Leigh-Pedersen, trainer of Paraneck Stable's Griffinite, said earlier that New York-based Shaun Bridgmohan will be aboard the son of Unbridled's Song for the second leg of the Triple Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm