Trainer Jennifer Leigh-Pedersen was suspended 60 days by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board from an incident in March 2005, when state investigators found injectable bottles in the office of her Aqueduct barn.
Trainer Jennifer Leigh-Pedersen was suspended 60 days by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board from an incident in March 2005, when state investigators found injectible bottles containing controlled substances in the office of her Aqueduct barn.
Ernie Paragallo has hired Dick Lundy as his private trainer. This winter, Lundy will have divisions of Paragallo's Paraneck Stable at Aqueduct and Fair Grounds. In the summer, the trainer will be based on the New York circuit.
It was one of those bits and pieces kind of day on the Preakness front. With the leading contenders only walking the shed this morning, at Pimlico and Churchill Downs, most of the focus was on the two open riding assignments. As of 1 p.m., one (Griffinite) has been filled, and the other (A P Valentine) was due to be announced later this afternoon. Jennifer Leigh-Pedersen, trainer of Paraneck Stable's Griffinite, said earlier that New York-based Shaun Bridgmohan will be aboard the son of Unbridled's Song for the second leg of the Triple Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic