Louisville Courier-Journal turf writer Jennie Rees previews the 2-year-old stakes races at Churchill Downs on November 29. Watch Video
Esteemed turf writers Jennie Rees and the late Jim Murray have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Joe Hirsch Media Roll of Honor.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Daily Racing Form and the National Turf Writers Association announced Dec. 31 that the Web site courier-journal.com of the Louisville Courier-Journal has won the 2008 Media Eclipse Award in the Audio and Multi-Media Internet category for its three-part series on injuries to race horses, which appeared on its site from Aug. 16-18, 2008.
Steve Haskin, senior correspondent for The Blood-Horse was honored with his fourth Red Smith Award writing award Friday, it was announced by Churchill Downs.
Mike Kane of the Schenectady Daily Gazette was elected president
of the National Turf Writers Association, replacing Jennie Rees of the Louisville Courier-Journal, whose two-year term expired.
Four sports writers, including two honorees who established records with their latest awards, have been honored by Churchill Downs as winners in the 20th annual Red Smith Kentucky Derby Writing Contest.
Jennie Rees, racing writer for the Louisville Courier-Journal, has been named the Warner L. Jones Jr. "Horseman of the Year." Rees will accept the award Nov. 17 during a dinner at the Kentucky Derby Museum at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- Fasig-Tipton to Sponsor Two KY Downs Stakes
- Renamed First Winner for Everyday Heroes
- Ironicus Has New Challenge in Bernard Baruch
- Five Sires Have Two Challenge Race Winners
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- Handle Flat, Race Days Down in August
- First Winner Lands for Sire General Quarters