The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Daily Racing Form and the National Turf Writers Association announced Dec. 31 that the Web site courier-journal.com of the Louisville Courier-Journal has won the 2008 Media Eclipse Award in the Audio and Multi-Media Internet category for its three-part series on injuries to race horses, which appeared on its site from Aug. 16-18, 2008.
Steve Haskin, senior correspondent for The Blood-Horse was honored with his fourth Red Smith Award writing award Friday, it was announced by Churchill Downs.
Mike Kane of the Schenectady Daily Gazette was elected president
of the National Turf Writers Association, replacing Jennie Rees of the Louisville Courier-Journal, whose two-year term expired.
Four sports writers, including two honorees who established records with their latest awards, have been honored by Churchill Downs as winners in the 20th annual Red Smith Kentucky Derby Writing Contest.
Jennie Rees, racing writer for the Louisville Courier-Journal, has been named the Warner L. Jones Jr. "Horseman of the Year." Rees will accept the award Nov. 17 during a dinner at the Kentucky Derby Museum at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- That Handicapping Show: Travers Stakes
- Second Sporting Art Auction in November