The Maryland Department of Agriculture has temporarily extended the hold order on Barn 9 at Laurel Park after two of the 36 horses stabled there did not clear the testing process for equine herpesvirus.
Two days after becoming a father for the first time, jockey Ramon Dominguez brought home three winners at Pimlico Sunday.
David P. Reynolds' Mt. Carson set a track record at Colonial Downs with a stylish score in the $50,000 Da Hoss Stakes on Saturday. Mt. Carson's covered the mile in 1:35.07 to lower Assault John's 1997 clocking of 1:35.48.
The Sackatoga team will sign a the book on their favorite subject--Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Funny Cide--on April 25 at the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
Willa On The Move made her move at the right time under Edgar Prado to pass the field and take the $107,600 Honorable Miss Handicap (gr. III) over a sloppy Saratoga surface Friday.
On The Run Farm's Running Tide remained undefeated Saturday at Delaware Park, winning the $250,900 Leonard Richard Stakes (gr. III) by three-quarters of a length over 13-1 Nothing Flat. Preakness participants Easyfromthegitgo and Menacing Dennis finished fourth and fith, respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time