Bluesthestandard makes his first start since finishing second in the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) Oct. 25 when he faces seven rivals in Sunday's $150,000 Palos Verdes Handicap (gr. II) for older horses at six furlongs at Santa Anita Park.
It's light years way in horse time, but Cinderella runner Bluesthestandard could return to the Breeders' Cup Sprint on Oct. 30, 2004, at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
On two different occasions in 2002, Bluesthestandard was claimed for $10,000. This year, he's ready to roll in the grade I Breeders' Cup Sprint, which will be held in his own back yard.
Jeffrey Sengara's grade 2 winner Bluesthestandard, the third-place finisher in last week's Bing Crosby Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II), blew out with a bullet three furlongs in :34 at Del Mar Sunday in preparation for his next probable start in the seven-furlong Pat O'Brien Handicap (gr. II) on Aug. 7.
Rags to riches Bluesthestandard became a multiple graded stakes winner Saturday with an authoritative four-length score over Bonapaw in the $300,000 Texas Mile (gr. III) at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
The fairy tale of Budroyale has come to a quiet end. Dubbed the "Rocky Balboa of racing" by his doting owner, Jeffrey Sengara, the popular 9-year-old gelding has been retired
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule
- What's Going On Here: Truly Charismatic
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3