Bluesthestandard makes his first start since finishing second in the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) Oct. 25 when he faces seven rivals in Sunday's $150,000 Palos Verdes Handicap (gr. II) for older horses at six furlongs at Santa Anita Park.
It's light years way in horse time, but Cinderella runner Bluesthestandard could return to the Breeders' Cup Sprint on Oct. 30, 2004, at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
On two different occasions in 2002, Bluesthestandard was claimed for $10,000. This year, he's ready to roll in the grade I Breeders' Cup Sprint, which will be held in his own back yard.
Jeffrey Sengara's grade 2 winner Bluesthestandard, the third-place finisher in last week's Bing Crosby Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II), blew out with a bullet three furlongs in :34 at Del Mar Sunday in preparation for his next probable start in the seven-furlong Pat O'Brien Handicap (gr. II) on Aug. 7.
Rags to riches Bluesthestandard became a multiple graded stakes winner Saturday with an authoritative four-length score over Bonapaw in the $300,000 Texas Mile (gr. III) at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
The fairy tale of Budroyale has come to a quiet end. Dubbed the "Rocky Balboa of racing" by his doting owner, Jeffrey Sengara, the popular 9-year-old gelding has been retired
Most Popular Stories
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 1
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack