Trainer Julio Canani was suspended by Santa Anita Park stewards Oct. 4, effective Oct. 26 through Nov. 30, 2016, for "conduct detrimental to racing."
A California jury has determined that trainer Julio Canani and Roger Licht, a former chairman of the California Horse Racing Board, defrauded Jeffrey Nielsen's Everest Stables in a number of horse transactions in 2008.
Heavily favored To Honor and Serve cruised to a front-running four-length victory over Mucho Macho Man in the $150,000 Nashua Stakes (gr. II), one of a trio of graded stakes Nov. 6 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Very Vegas sprinted to a clear early lead and held off favored Aspen Gal in the stretch for a neck victory in the $111,350 La Habra Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Sunday at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Curalina, Syndergaard Breeze at Belmont
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run