Trainer Julio Canani was suspended by Santa Anita Park stewards Oct. 4, effective Oct. 26 through Nov. 30, 2016, for "conduct detrimental to racing."
A California jury has determined that trainer Julio Canani and Roger Licht, a former chairman of the California Horse Racing Board, defrauded Jeffrey Nielsen's Everest Stables in a number of horse transactions in 2008.
Heavily favored To Honor and Serve cruised to a front-running four-length victory over Mucho Macho Man in the $150,000 Nashua Stakes (gr. II), one of a trio of graded stakes Nov. 6 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Very Vegas sprinted to a clear early lead and held off favored Aspen Gal in the stretch for a neck victory in the $111,350 La Habra Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Sunday at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Look Back: Justakiss, Ole Liz Win Divisions of Bewitch
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017