Grade III winners Shared Property and Majestic City top an overflow field of 2-year-olds entered in the Oct. 8 Dixiana Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Unbeaten Majestic City, winner of the Hollywood Juvenile Championship Stakes (gr. III), worked five furlongs in a bullet :59 under jockey David Flores on Sept. 1 in preparation for the Sept. 7 Del Mar Futurity (gr. I).
Odds-on choice Majestic City improved to three-for-three in his young career when he ran down a pair of Bob Baffert-trained colts to win the $100,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III) going away July 17.
Two grade I winners are in the lineup for the $250,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 12 at Santa Anita, but a ridgling son of Flatter making his first start against winners figures to draw plenty of attention as well.
Keith Brackpool, chairman of the California Horse Racing Board, will be the featured speaker at the Harris Ranch Seminar, which returns this year from a one-year hiatus with the theme, "Marketing the Thoroughbred."
West Point Thoroughbreds provider of Thoroughbred racing partnerships has hired Elizabeth Crow as its West Coast associate.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered