Grade III winners Shared Property and Majestic City top an overflow field of 2-year-olds entered in the Oct. 8 Dixiana Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Unbeaten Majestic City, winner of the Hollywood Juvenile Championship Stakes (gr. III), worked five furlongs in a bullet :59 under jockey David Flores on Sept. 1 in preparation for the Sept. 7 Del Mar Futurity (gr. I).
Odds-on choice Majestic City improved to three-for-three in his young career when he ran down a pair of Bob Baffert-trained colts to win the $100,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III) going away July 17.
Two grade I winners are in the lineup for the $250,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 12 at Santa Anita, but a ridgling son of Flatter making his first start against winners figures to draw plenty of attention as well.
Keith Brackpool, chairman of the California Horse Racing Board, will be the featured speaker at the Harris Ranch Seminar, which returns this year from a one-year hiatus with the theme, "Marketing the Thoroughbred."
West Point Thoroughbreds provider of Thoroughbred racing partnerships has hired Elizabeth Crow as its West Coast associate.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Xpressbet to Sponsor West Virginia Derby
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20