Grade III winners Shared Property and Majestic City top an overflow field of 2-year-olds entered in the Oct. 8 Dixiana Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Unbeaten Majestic City, winner of the Hollywood Juvenile Championship Stakes (gr. III), worked five furlongs in a bullet :59 under jockey David Flores on Sept. 1 in preparation for the Sept. 7 Del Mar Futurity (gr. I).
Odds-on choice Majestic City improved to three-for-three in his young career when he ran down a pair of Bob Baffert-trained colts to win the $100,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III) going away July 17.
Two grade I winners are in the lineup for the $250,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 12 at Santa Anita, but a ridgling son of Flatter making his first start against winners figures to draw plenty of attention as well.
Keith Brackpool, chairman of the California Horse Racing Board, will be the featured speaker at the Harris Ranch Seminar, which returns this year from a one-year hiatus with the theme, "Marketing the Thoroughbred."
West Point Thoroughbreds provider of Thoroughbred racing partnerships has hired Elizabeth Crow as its West Coast associate.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland's New Dirt Track
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Ohio Moves to Increase Losing Mount Fees
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races