Multiple graded stakes winner Majestic City will stand the 2016 breeding season at Questroyal North in Stillwater, N.Y., for a $3,500 fee.
The racing debut of Del Mar's new dirt track went off without a hitch July 16, with a crowd of 40,304 packed in to watch the 10-race card.
Bloom Racing Stable announced Monday, April 20 the hiring of Rich Cristiano as director of racing. Cristiano previously worked at West Point Thoroughbreds and Sovereign Stable.
Grade III winners Shared Property and Majestic City top an overflow field of 2-year-olds entered in the Oct. 8 Dixiana Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Unbeaten Majestic City, winner of the Hollywood Juvenile Championship Stakes (gr. III), worked five furlongs in a bullet :59 under jockey David Flores on Sept. 1 in preparation for the Sept. 7 Del Mar Futurity (gr. I).
Odds-on choice Majestic City improved to three-for-three in his young career when he ran down a pair of Bob Baffert-trained colts to win the $100,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III) going away July 17.
Two grade I winners are in the lineup for the $250,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 12 at Santa Anita, but a ridgling son of Flatter making his first start against winners figures to draw plenty of attention as well.
Keith Brackpool, chairman of the California Horse Racing Board, will be the featured speaker at the Harris Ranch Seminar, which returns this year from a one-year hiatus with the theme, "Marketing the Thoroughbred."
West Point Thoroughbreds provider of Thoroughbred racing partnerships has hired Elizabeth Crow as its West Coast associate.
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- First Black-type Winner for Freshman Havana Gold
- Hong Kong Champion Able Friend Retired
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park