The racing debut of Del Mar's new dirt track went off without a hitch July 16, with a crowd of 40,304 packed in to watch the 10-race card.
Bloom Racing Stable announced Monday, April 20 the hiring of Rich Cristiano as director of racing. Cristiano previously worked at West Point Thoroughbreds and Sovereign Stable.
Grade III winners Shared Property and Majestic City top an overflow field of 2-year-olds entered in the Oct. 8 Dixiana Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Unbeaten Majestic City, winner of the Hollywood Juvenile Championship Stakes (gr. III), worked five furlongs in a bullet :59 under jockey David Flores on Sept. 1 in preparation for the Sept. 7 Del Mar Futurity (gr. I).
Odds-on choice Majestic City improved to three-for-three in his young career when he ran down a pair of Bob Baffert-trained colts to win the $100,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III) going away July 17.
Two grade I winners are in the lineup for the $250,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 12 at Santa Anita, but a ridgling son of Flatter making his first start against winners figures to draw plenty of attention as well.
Keith Brackpool, chairman of the California Horse Racing Board, will be the featured speaker at the Harris Ranch Seminar, which returns this year from a one-year hiatus with the theme, "Marketing the Thoroughbred."
West Point Thoroughbreds provider of Thoroughbred racing partnerships has hired Elizabeth Crow as its West Coast associate.
Most Popular Stories
- Average, Median Rise at Doncaster Sale
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- First Winner for Desert Key
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Glen Hill Farm to Sponsor One Dreamer Stakes
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- OBS Yearling Sale Stays Steady on Final Day