Fort Prado lived up to his 4-5 favoritism in Saturday night's $193,000 Connally Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Race Park by winning his third consecutive stakes and second graded stakes of the year for owners Patricia, Ryan, and David Block.
Team Block's always-tough Fort Prado ran closer to the pacesetter Onthedeanslist this time around and registered a neck victory over his rival in the $189,800 Fair Grounds Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Harrah's Louisiana Downs turf Saturday.
Team Block's Fort Prado is the 121-pound highweight and 5-2 morning line favorite in Saturday's $200,000-added Fair Grounds Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT), the final graded stakes of the Fair Grounds meet at Harrah's Louisiana Downs.
Both $60,000 co-features Saturday at Fair Grounds provided thrilling stretch duels, with Movant prevailing over Sister Swank in the Thelma and Skate Away turning the tables on Warleigh in the Col E.R. Bradley.
Skate Away and his trainer Jeff Trosclair kept their perfect record at Fair Grounds intact by winning Saturday's $100,000 Woodchopper Handicap.
Delaware Park will have many new faces on the backstretch when it opens for its 65th season April 27. Trainers new to the Stanton, Del., racetrack include Leo Azpura, David Donk, Scott Lake, Barclay Tagg, and Jeff Trosclair.
Most Popular Stories
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push For Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- A Timeline For Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- NY Tracks Awarded Extended VLT Hours
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training