A colt by Stormello consigned by Blue River Bloodstock, agent, went to Bob Baffert, agent, for $300,000 to top the second and final session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s sale.
Ahmed Zayat, who seems on the cusp of winning a classic race any time now, as been in the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons in his six years of Thoroughbred ownership.
Former president of the Maryland Jockey Club heads group that seeks to purchase the MJC from a bankrupt Magna Entertainment Corp.
Founder of EQB is also the founder and CEO of Blow Horn Equity, a bidder for the Maryland Jockey Club that is currently owned by the bankrupt Magna Entertainment Corp.
A new entity called Blow Horn Equity has submitted a bid for the Maryland Jockey Club assets, the company announced Dec. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years
- Broberg, Hernandez Rule at Evangeline Meet
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- NYRA Pledges Matching Funds for Aftercare
- No Indy Grand Samples Exceed Cobalt Threshold