Jeff Puglisi is a major buyer at sales of 2-year-olds in training, where some of his purchases have included graded winners Diabolical and Miraculous Miss along with 2008 Frizette Stakes (gr. I) winner Sky Diva. But the New York brokerage firm executive had to make a private purchase to acquire an interest in his first Kentucky Derby Presented By Yum! Brands (gr. I) runner, I Want Revenge.
Mighty Mecke's owners thought they'd done the right thing when their stakes winner fractured his foot earlier this year. They retired the 6-year-old horse and found a new career for him as a stallion on a small Midwest farm, believing he was wanted and would never race again. A July 7 e-mail shattered that belief.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic preferred sale of 2-year-olds in training finished Tuesday with downturns of 6.6% in the number of horses sold and 19.2% in gross revenue from 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win