Jeff Puglisi is a major buyer at sales of 2-year-olds in training, where some of his purchases have included graded winners Diabolical and Miraculous Miss along with 2008 Frizette Stakes (gr. I) winner Sky Diva. But the New York brokerage firm executive had to make a private purchase to acquire an interest in his first Kentucky Derby Presented By Yum! Brands (gr. I) runner, I Want Revenge.
Mighty Mecke's owners thought they'd done the right thing when their stakes winner fractured his foot earlier this year. They retired the 6-year-old horse and found a new career for him as a stallion on a small Midwest farm, believing he was wanted and would never race again. A July 7 e-mail shattered that belief.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic preferred sale of 2-year-olds in training finished Tuesday with downturns of 6.6% in the number of horses sold and 19.2% in gross revenue from 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Ready to Act, Daring Kathy Vie at Woodbine
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm