Jeff Puglisi is a major buyer at sales of 2-year-olds in training, where some of his purchases have included graded winners Diabolical and Miraculous Miss along with 2008 Frizette Stakes (gr. I) winner Sky Diva. But the New York brokerage firm executive had to make a private purchase to acquire an interest in his first Kentucky Derby Presented By Yum! Brands (gr. I) runner, I Want Revenge.
Mighty Mecke's owners thought they'd done the right thing when their stakes winner fractured his foot earlier this year. They retired the 6-year-old horse and found a new career for him as a stallion on a small Midwest farm, believing he was wanted and would never race again. A July 7 e-mail shattered that belief.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic preferred sale of 2-year-olds in training finished Tuesday with downturns of 6.6% in the number of horses sold and 19.2% in gross revenue from 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Laurel Announces Winter Stakes Schedule
- BH 100: Commemorates
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?