A Congressional hearing has been set for Oct. 18 as part of an ongoing investigation into the Jockey's Guild regarding management practices and finances.
Congress will vote Wednesday on an amendment to prevent the slaughter of horses for human consumption in foreign markets.
The Jockeys' Guild has provided documentation requested by a United States Congressional subcommittee regarding Guild management, finances, and actions related to health insurance policies for its members.
The Jockeys' Guild has responded to a request by a United States Congressional subcommittee related to its management, accounting and oversight of funds, but the information produced by the California-based Guild won't be available until the week of May 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice's Wins to Benefit Research
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Wildcat Red Stretches Speed Toward Classics
- Instant Racing Measure Advances in Nebraska
- KEEP Opposes Open-Ended Gambling Measure
- CHRB Begins Cobalt Testing
- Indiana Downs Has New Name as Part of Rebrand
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan