Family and friends will say their good-byes to Jeff Lukas during a funeral service March 30 at 2 p.m. at the First Baptist Church in Atoka, Okla.
- By Steve Haskin
So, how do you deal with a horse who showed great promise, but nearly killed your son, changing his life forever; a horse who was now being branded as a rogue? read blog
Lukas was the only son of Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas.
Counting down the top 10 Bloodhorse.com videos for 2008. No 1: La Ville Rouge, dam of Barbaro
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- The victories by Tabasco Cat in the 1994 Preakness (gr. I) and Belmont Stakes (gr. I) were looked upon by the late William T. Young as his happiest moments in racing.
Tabasco Cat, who won the 1994 Preakness (gr. I) and Belmont (gr. I) Stakes as a homebred for William T. Young and David Reynolds, died at the Japan Bloodstock Breeders' Association's Shizunai Stallion Station in Japan.
This Saturday marks the 20th anniversary of the Breeders' Cup, and only one trainer has saddled horses in each rendition of racing's biggest day. D. Wayne Lukas, in addition to his vast success in Triple Crown events, is by far the winningest Breeders' Cup conditioner.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Dodd's Tiznow Colt Attracting Attention at OBS
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey