Few people in the sport have ever been as genuinely beloved and admired as Bob and Beverly Lewis.
- By Ryan Conley
With wife Beverly and son Jeff at the helm, surviving family members of the late Robert Lewis say they are happily fostering the ebullient owner's passionate flame for racing.
- By Ray Paulick
Family and friends of Robert Lewis filled the Saint James Church to capacity Thursday morning to remember the highly successful Thoroughbred owner-breeder and businessman who died in his Newport Beach, Calif., home last Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California